For quite a while now I have had a sense, an instinctive gut feel that our food supply is at risk.
Like a slow motion train wreck the crash is happening and we are part of it .
After days of thought I decided to arrange the pieces of loose puzzle into some sort of order. I didn’t like what evolved;
- massive crop proportions now GMO infested – in especially the US but the spread is on
- Center for Food Safety reports > Currently, up to 93% of U.S. corn is genetically engineered (GE), as are 94% of soybeans and 96% of cotton  (cottonseed oil is often used in food products). It has been estimated that upwards of 75% of processed foods on supermarket shelves – from soda to soup, crackers to condiments – contain genetically engineered ingredients. http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/issues/311/ge-foods/about-ge-foods#
- soil quality is depleting due to food industrialisation so that approx. 70% less nutriants are contained in vegetables, etc compared with say 1985
- ever larger corporations control argigcultural land masses
- so that we not only have a creeping monopolization of the food source but a depletion in varity
- and then there is the “just in time” practice where the delivery of foods is now so tightly planned between the crops and retail outlets, that just a blimp in the “process” can cause shortages within days
- an example? Software system failure (hackers, power outages, emp attacks, etc). I personally have seen this at gas stations and a hardware chain store. When the computer system fails NOTHING at all works anymore.
- the urbanisation of the population, the de-population of the land.
Have we allowed ouselves to be fooled?
Have we been tricked to group into the cities like live stock into the pens?
I fear we have allowed ourselves to be brought into a most precarious position!